Starbucks Chief Executive Officer Howard Schultz, in an open letter published Tuesday, asked customers to refrain from bringing firearms into the company's stores and outdoor seating areas. The move drew reaction on the web from gun control and gun rights advocates alike. Here is his statement, along with a sampling of reaction from Twitter.
Starbucks CEO asks customers not to bring guns into stores
Reaction to Starbucks CEO's request
- Victimized by the 'marriage penalty'
- Allergies are the real midlife crisis
- Wildcats aren't champs but we're all still watching Calipari
- Tax deduction for a gym membership?
- VIDEO: A year after marathon bombing, Boston remains strong
- Monday, April 14, 2014
- Google acquires drone maker Titan Aerospace to spread Internet
- E-Cigarettes target youth with festivals, lawmakers say
- Search teams will send unmanned sub to look for missing Malaysian airliner
- Why Facebook is getting into the banking game
- Friday, April 11, 2014
- Train, entertain your pets with these 3 smartphone apps