Starbucks Chief Executive Officer Howard Schultz, in an open letter published Tuesday, asked customers to refrain from bringing firearms into the company's stores and outdoor seating areas. The move drew reaction on the web from gun control and gun rights advocates alike. Here is his statement, along with a sampling of reaction from Twitter.
Starbucks CEO asks customers not to bring guns into stores
Reaction to Starbucks CEO's request
- Obama had crush on First Lady of Rock
- Can black women have it all?
- Redskins not the only nickname to cause a stir
- 'Rebel' mascot rising from the dead
- Fast food comes to standstill in China
- Stranger’s generosity stuns Ohio veteran
- VIDEO: High-dive accident caught on tape
- Where cats are more popular than dogs in the U.S.-and all over the world
- Sunday, July 27, 2014
- Hall of Fame adds businesslike Braves, Frank Thomas, managers La Russa and Torre
- Friday, July 25, 2014
- Brother sues W.Va. senator over business loan