Starbucks Chief Executive Officer Howard Schultz, in an open letter published Tuesday, asked customers to refrain from bringing firearms into the company's stores and outdoor seating areas. The move drew reaction on the web from gun control and gun rights advocates alike. Here is his statement, along with a sampling of reaction from Twitter.
Starbucks CEO asks customers not to bring guns into stores
Reaction to Starbucks CEO's request
- VIDEO: Anonymous donor ensures Worcester Catholic School will remain open
- Racism linked to infant mortality, learning disabilities
- VIDEO: College basketball player hit by police officer while crossing street
- La Russa, Cox and Torre built Hall of Fame careers on leadership
- Viral video: Auburn fan's Christmas light show features Iron Bowl radio call
- Judges deny chimpanzees 'personhood'
- Wednesday, December 11, 2013
- Harvard study finds diet changes gut bacteria within a day
- Personal genetic tests face sharper scrutiny after 23andMe
- Minnesota college student survives night on porch in subzero temperatures
- Federal budget deal would have new hires pay more into pensions