From missing chicken nuggets to problems with math, there are some strange reasons people call 911. Here's a list of the most bizarre.
A Florida woman calls 911 three times to complain that her local McDonald's is out of chicken nuggets. (March 2009)
Burger King complaint
A woman calls 911 after she is unable to get the hamburger she wants at Burger King.
Locked in car
A woman in Kissimmee, FL, calls 911 claiming to be locked inside her car. (March 2009)
A Connecticut man calls 911 to ask how much trouble he could get into for growing marijuana. (February 2011)
Out of cigarettes
A woman in Texas calls 911 asking for cigarettes. (February 2013)
A four-year-old girl calls 911 asking for help with her math.
Ride to liquor store
A man in Florida calls 911 requesting a ride to the liquor store.
Drunk driver report
A Wisconsin woman calls to turn in a drunk driver--herself. (October 2009)
- Smartphone kill switches are coming
- Why do wolves howl?
- Biggest student loan profits come from grad students
- Pennsylvania won’t take action following Ohio ruling on quakes, fracking
- VIDEO: Boston bomb scare defendant appears in court
- Consumer spending on health care jumps as Affordable Care Act takes hold
- The case for separate beds
- Raw oysters spike U.S. rise in bacterial infections, CDC reports
- Wednesday, April 16, 2014
- To sleep well, you may need to adjust what you eat and when
- Doctors to rate cost effectiveness of expensive cancer drugs