A rare oarfish was found in Toyon Bay, about 2 miles from Avalon, by a Catalina Island marine science instructor. Its 18-foot length awed onlookers and scientists alike.
- Texas wants background checks for health-care navigators
- How to care for a cut Christmas tree
- Are fake eggs the future?
- VIDEO: Young artist focuses on gun violence through art
- Cyber Monday sales reach record as shoppers snub stores for Web
- Making edible cookie containers: Gingerbread Stockings
- Police: Woman calls 911 for a push around mall
- Tuesday, December 3, 2013
- House passes extension of ban on plastic guns as NRA remains mum
- Freedom is more likely to stimulate potential geniuses than gifted programs
- Study says women shouldn't be the only ones responsible for making healthy babies