SLIDESHOW: Thousands of BASE jumpers take the 876-foot plunge in West Virginia
The Bridge Day Festival, held this year on October 19 in Fayette County, West Virginia, bills itself as the "largest extreme sports event in the world." The 876-foot tall New River Gorge Bridge serves as the launch point for thousands of BASE jumpers who make the leap over a six-hour period.
- America’s sleep-deprived cities
- Who should pay for your kids ACT?
- Why do people look like their pets?
- Ice bucket challenge trending up
- Africa goes medieval in its fight against Ebola
- Democrat? Republican? There's an app for that
- Friday, August 15, 2014
- Five myths about presidential vacations
- Thursday, August 14, 2014
- Can 6 seconds launch a career? A generation of Vine stars sure hopes so.
- 8 crucial tips for college freshmen
- A night in Ferguson