SLIDESHOW: Thousands of BASE jumpers take the 876-foot plunge in West Virginia
The Bridge Day Festival, held this year on October 19 in Fayette County, West Virginia, bills itself as the "largest extreme sports event in the world." The 876-foot tall New River Gorge Bridge serves as the launch point for thousands of BASE jumpers who make the leap over a six-hour period.
- To sleep well, you may need to adjust what you eat and when
- Doctors to rate cost effectiveness of expensive cancer drugs
- Low blood-sugar levels make for grousing spouses
- VIDEO: Toddler climbs into vending machine
- VIDEO: From infant to teen in four minutes
- Tuesday, April 15, 2014
- Victimized by the 'marriage penalty'
- Allergies are the real midlife crisis
- Tax deduction for a gym membership?
- VIDEO: A year after marathon bombing, Boston remains strong
- Monday, April 14, 2014
- Google acquires drone maker Titan Aerospace to spread Internet