SLIDESHOW: Thousands of BASE jumpers take the 876-foot plunge in West Virginia
The Bridge Day Festival, held this year on October 19 in Fayette County, West Virginia, bills itself as the "largest extreme sports event in the world." The 876-foot tall New River Gorge Bridge serves as the launch point for thousands of BASE jumpers who make the leap over a six-hour period.
- Can Putin re-create Fox News in Russia?
- Old-fashioned trimming for tree isn't as green as you might think
- VIDEO: DOT camera captures massive pileup
- Crocodiles and alligators may be smarter than they look
- VIDEO: Obama urges world to act on Mandela's legacy
- All I want for Christmas is a new Christmas song
- Monday, December 9, 2013
- Human trafficking battled by text message
- Should Detroit sell its priceless art to pay the bills?
- Cargazing: Ford Fiesta ST is fast, fun, affordable
- Colleges brings liberal arts education into prisons