“When I got downstairs the fire was coming through the kitchen windows and I could feel the heat of it on the side of my face,” Robyn Good said. “If it was just a few minutes longer we might have been trapped.”
She said firefighters arrived just after her family got out of the house.
“We can’t ask for better response than that,” Robyn Good said.
Robyn Good said firefighters did a good job in preventing the fire from spreading to neighboring homes.
“They were phenomenal,” Robyn Good said. “They retrieved some family photos, my son Andrew’s kindergarten diploma and one of Robie’s two baby shoes that I had in a curio cabinet. I’ll forever be thankful for that.”
She said the American Red Cross provided her family with two rooms at a local hotel. She said she was planning to move to an apartment in New Hampshire after the holidays and hopes that her parents can find permanent housing.
“I’ve spent my whole life here and raised my son here as well,” Robyn Good said while standing in the street looking at what remained of her family’s home. “This is where I used to play kickball and hide and seek until the lights came on.”