CARL RUSSO PHOTOS: The Haverhill High volleyball team didn’t bring its “A” game to the Division 1 state semifinals at Billerica High School Tuesday night, November 16 and paid the consequences.
The second-seeded Hillies fell to a talented Newton North squad (18-2) in straight sets (26-24, 25-21, 25-12) to bow out of the tournament and end their season with an impressive 18-3 record.
“We’ve played better but that (Newton North) is a tough team and they deserved to win tonight,” said Haverhill coach Vincent Pettis. “That’s a really good team at attacking and blocking and we couldn’t stop them. We held them off the best we could.”
This Week's Circulars
Haverhill - Olive Reynolds Macdougall, 98, passed away peacefully on November 15, 2021. She was born in Brockton, MA on July 29, 1923, the daughter of the late Horace Franklin Reynolds and Edith Mason MacDonald Reynolds. She was predeceased by her husband, John S. Macdougall, Jr., and sister…
- "Coach O" wins $1 million in Mass Lottery scratch ticket
- Police log
- Haverhill woman competes in TV Christmas cookie challenge
- Rowley PD: Haverhill contractor stole electricity from town
- Thousands line parade route to see Santa
- Haverhill firefighter charged with 2nd OUI
- The Lamp Post
- Buttonwoods Museum hosts Festival of Trees
- Whittier Tech launches new coffee café
- Real estate transfers
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.