CARL RUSSO PHOTOS: Tony Sapienza had a fascinating mix of intelligence and athletic ability.
For decades, he taught math at Haverhill High School and was also considered one of the finest distance runners in New England.
Sapienza died in 1987 after competing in a major race, and has long been remembered for his accomplishments. His memory took the spotlight again last week when his family and their guests celebrated the reopening of the renovated Sapienza Memorial Track and Field at Haverhill High.
This Week's Circulars
Haverhill - Olive Reynolds Macdougall, 98, passed away peacefully on November 15, 2021. She was born in Brockton, MA on July 29, 1923, the daughter of the late Horace Franklin Reynolds and Edith Mason MacDonald Reynolds. She was predeceased by her husband, John S. Macdougall, Jr., and sister…
- "Coach O" wins $1 million in Mass Lottery scratch ticket
- Police log
- Haverhill woman competes in TV Christmas cookie challenge
- Rowley PD: Haverhill contractor stole electricity from town
- Haverhill firefighter charged with 2nd OUI
- Two workers injured at Ward Hill Business Park when chemical container shatters
- Haverhill's Educators of the Year
- Thousands line parade route to see Santa
- The Lamp Post
- Man charged with sexually assaulting a minor held without bail
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.